Friday, August 31, 2012

An Excuse AND a Rant. I Spoil You People.

I'm gonna be real with you folks right now. I haven't been online much lately. Not because I stopped caring about this blog-- on the contrary, I love writing for it and hope to do some guest blogging and building this site up in the coming months. But a lot of factors have been keeping me from contributing to this lately.

The wifi connection at my job sucks balls. I have zero techy skills and can't figure out what's wrong with my network adapter. Why is there a big red X between the little bench icon and the globe icon?? I have no goddamn idea! I click on the big red X and after loading a bunch of crap, it tells me to fuck with a modem I have no physical access to. ARRGHHHFUCKAGGRESSION!! On top of this, I just got a new, smaller laptop and the range is garbage. Even though the signal is five full bars and coming from right nextdoor, the fucking planets have to be aligned, Cthulhu must to rise out of his sleepytime grave and somehow magically force this thing to read the signal. *Sigh* You think it sucks for you, coming back here to check periodically and finding no updates? Imagine being stuck at a desk all night with no internet, and only old episodes of farscape and an illegally pirated copy of fishdom to keep you company. They don't pay me enough for this shit.

Another problem is health issues. Not sure if I've ever discussed this, but I have a condition known as epic spine fail. That's a technical term. I don't really like to talk about it, but it's sort of become an issue. Every 6 months I need to get epidurals in my lumbar spine just to continue working. In the months leading up to my next round of shots, the pain becomes increasingly bad and sitting for any length of time becomes unbearable. Cooking and food shopping get really difficult too, and I have nobody to help me. So when I'm in that state, keeping up with this site is damn near impossible. Usually once the shots are administered and the soreness goes away, I come back swinging for the fences.
This time the shots didn't go so well. The procedure was very, very hard on me, and this shitty work chair might as well be made of spikes. (This was partially due to squeezing in several root injections at once, and a moron resident who fucked up my IV three times. I look like a goddamn heroin addict right now!!)

Eh-hem. Anyway, I'm not telling you this to gain sympathy, I have no need for that. All I'm asking for is a little patience. I hope that in the next week or so I will be back to where I should be, so I can continue posting the insipid garbage you people don't even bother reading.

Not yet, anyway. SOON!




1 comment: