Saturday, July 30, 2011

Eating Condiments for Dinner

 

So that up there, I guess you'd call that fish porraige, congee or gruel. It's some weird crap I whipped up using a bass fillet and a can of cream of mushroom soup. It's a twisted, freakish abomination and I have no excuses, but at least it tasted good. It wasn't technically an entire meal, per se, more like something that goes on top of something else, maybe something mealy or starchy, or even fluffy. I ate it plain cos I was starving. You don't have to. Here's the recipe in case you care.

Ingredients
1 Large Bass Fillet
1 Can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with roasted garlic
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp milk or Skim
lemon juice
white wine
red bell peppers, diced
onion or shallots, diced
smoked paprika
parsley
dill
black pepper
Optional: capers

Method 
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it coats the pan. Put in the onions (or shallots) and bell pepper. Saute' until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Put the fillet in and cook until side is done, about 5-7 minutes, then flip over.
Pour in the lemon juice, white wine, herbs and spices. I really have no idea how much I used. Just keep tasting until you like it.
When the fish begins flaking, use your spatula to chop it up into small pieces. Add the capers now if you have them and feel like it.
When it's all pretty much done (and you'll be able to see it) scoop contents of cream of mushroom soup out into the pan, mixing everything together. Thin it out with a little bit of milk. Let it heat through another 2-3 minutes until hot, but not too long 'cos this stuff tends to burn.

Serve over something. What kind of something? I dunno, am I supposed to tell you everything?



No comments:

Post a Comment